Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Picks

     The Super Bowl is known for a lot of things.  Great event, funny commercials, obscene amount of awful foods to eat.  One of the more funny things I think are the bets you can make on the Super Bowl.  You can make bets as simple as who wins the game, or the total points, but for the Super Bowl there are crazy bets like how long the National Anthem will last, and what kind of shirt Tom Brady's son will be wearing.  For the first time ever, I decided to take some of these bets, even if only for a dollar or two.  Here are my picks:




Will there be a score within the final 2 minutes of the first half?

I bet no.  I know there are a lot of timeouts used in the last two minutes, and this is an opportunity for people to get a quick score before half time, but it's such a small window of time for there to be a score so I had to go no, and the odds are in my favor on that one.

Coin Toss

I went with tails.  I heard in a stats class once that flipping a coin is actually not 50/50 because the heads side weighs more and is more likely to land face down.  The problem is they use special coins for the Super Bowl so it's really hard to say.  Anyway, tails never fails right?

Will Rob Gronkowski score a TD?

I went with yes.  I watched a lot of Patriots games this year and it seems like a lot of their strategy around the goal line is to just throw it up and hope Gronk gets it.  Odds are against me on this one, but it sounded like a lock.

Will Ahmad Bradshaw have more than 13.5 rushing attempts?

Went with yes on this one too.  Seems like the Giants will really run the ball to death, and he's the go to guy.  I hope he gets this many in the first half.  The only problem is if the Giants get down big early, they're really gonna have to throw the ball then.

What color will the Gatorade be that the team dumps on the coach?

I took orange on this one.  Odds are better for water, but I feel like orange is used a lot.  Got nice odds on orange too.



Over/Under on National Anthem 1:34

I took the over.  I'm a little nervous about Kelly Clarkson singing it, because she doesn't seem like the type to drag it out, but 1:34 just doesn't seem that long.  I'm gonna be hoping she drags out the Brave at the end.




The actual game

I took the Patriots giving up 3 points.  I think Tom Brady could really run away with this one if the O-line gives him any sort of time at all, because he really gets the ball out quick.

     With the amount of money that I put on this game, I can't really win or lose much no matter what happens, but I still think this is gonna make the game a lot more hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment